Monday, February 4, 2008

The importance of tomorrow's election

In my quest to figure out who to support tomorrow, I realize that I'm not going to support someone just because they are "a winner." I was supporting Edwards even after he kept losing one primary after another because I truly believed he was the best person for the job.

The reason this decision is such a big one for me is because in tomorrow's election, unlike any other election in Utah, my vote for a Democratic Presidential Candidate will actually matter. Who cares about my vote in November? After tomorrow, the ads from Clinton and Obama will disappear from TV here.

But tomorrow, my vote will make a real difference in Democratic politics in Utah.

That thought gives me goosebumps and makes me realize why I began my involvement in politics in the first place.

The next step in my quest: Town Hall meeting with Hillary Clinton


Powered by ScribeFire.

0 comments: