Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fire it up! Ready to go!

Last night I went to an Obama "rally/fundraiser." The Senator was supposed to come to Utah today but earlier this week changed his plans (to Idaho) and his Utah staff quickly threw together this event. I'm very picky when it comes to my events so I won't go into too much detail about the "little" things.

It was an electrifying event. We listened to speakers from various parts of the community talk about why they were supporting Obama. We watched commercials and clips of speeches Barack has given. There were people from all walks of life there: young and old, black and white, Democrat and Republican. We were inspired by a gospel choir and Pastors from two local churches.






A lady in front of me brought her two young daughters to the event and she something very interesting to me: "I've never given money to any candidate before, I've never put up a lawn sign for anyone. But Barack Obama really inspires me. I'm excited by his candidacy and I've never been excited about ANY candidate before."

As I looked around the room, I saw that look in the faces of all the people there. I know that look quite well because I've had that look ever since I started getting involved in politics.

There's definitely something happening here...

0 comments: