Friday, May 18, 2007

Al Gore is a God.

Time Magazine's cover story is about Gore and his new life, why he isn't running for President and includes an excerpt from his new book, "The Assault on Reason."

Seriously, he needs to run for President. But then, because he isn't, he is able to devote his time to changing minds one-by-one on the environmental crisis we face. If there was ever a global human rights issue that affects every single living person and thing on this planet, this is it.

Admittedly, I wasn't much of an environmentalist (or even environmentalist-leaning) until his movie, "An Inconvenient Truth." Why? I don't have a good answer. I guess Gore's straight-forward and hard-hitting facts anecdotes really put things into perspective. The day after I saw the movie, I rushed out to buy a package of CFL Bulbs. For me, this was huge! You see, my view once was, "F#%k the environment! There are so many other people who care about it, I don't really need to worry about it."

Baby steps, man, baby steps.

0 comments: