Friday, August 8, 2008

Random things on my mind

I'm going to TRY to be a more active blogger between now and November 4th. "Try" being the key word. I really have lost interest in many things over the last few months. This is due to many things that I won't go into here so I'll just use the excuse of packing up my crap and moving. Yeah, that's TOTALLY it.

ANYWAY, here are some random political (and not) tidbits that have been on my mind lately.


Who will Barack pick to be his VP?!! The suspense is really killing me and I can't wait until August 27th! (And yes, I'm still pissed I won't be there). My money's on Wes Clark. Thoughts, votes, comments?

Who will McCain pick to be his VP? (Please note the lack of excitement in this question). I've debated people on this issue the most lately. A lot here in Utahar think that he'll pick Romney. I counter with the obvious statement, "But all Romney brings to the table is Utah and Idaho and MAYBE Michigan. Big whoop." I don't think The Maverick will pick Mr. Fake Tan. I don't think he'll pick a woman either. He should pick someone younger. Right now, my money's on Charlie Crist.

John Edwards DOES NOT have a love child nor does he have a mistress. I absolutely, positively, 100% refuse to believe that.

Al Gore is still hella cool.

I've been meaning to write a post about political malaise this year. I've hesitated only because I'm afraid I'd hurt the feelings of a close friend of mine but I think I've finally got it to a point where it's not offensive to this person or anyone really. Look for it...soonish.

I've gone on a DVD buying spree lately. I don't know what came over me. It started when Borders sent me a coupon for 40% off a DVD (3 per purchase) and I purchased the following:
Harry Potter 2 (I believe it's the Chamber of Secrets)
Enchanted (for The Kid)
Batman Begins (Oh how I love this movie {and Christian Bale too!}).
Later that day (when I'm depressed, I shop), I went to a used DVD/CD store and purchased the following:
V for Vendetta, 2-disc special version (SO INSANELY AMAZING...words cannot describe...)
Hairspray, 2-disc special shimmy & shake version (No, I have not learned the dances...yet)
Arrested Development, Season 1
The West Wing, Season 1
Later that week, I went to purchase that thingy that will make my teevee HD ready and I purchased the following:
Harry Potter 3 (The Prisoner of Azkaban (spelled incorrectly, I know, but I now have all 5 movies)
The Princess Bride (Best. Movie. Ever.)
Even later that week, while at Barnes, I purchased the following:
Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Special Movie Pack (On sale from $19.99 to $12.41!)
These movies have kept me occupied during my packing/unemployment phase. Some, I've even watched multiple times over the last few weeks. I've also seen The Dark Knight twice, Prince Caspian, and Mamma Mia in the course of these weeks. What can I say? I like movies.

Look for new and insightful posts!

Or not...

0 comments: