Sunday, February 10, 2008

Everybody look what's going down

I come from a conservative family in rural Utah. Where I got my liberal leanings, I'll never know. But over time, I have wedged my beliefs and philosophies into their political leanings.

While my parents have yet to vote for a Democratic President (they usually vote for every other Democrat on the ticket except for President), this year, they are seriously considering voting for Barack Obama. I also found out that my very devout LDS sister and her husband are ALSO considering voting for Obama; they've never voted before either (I know, I'm ashamed to admit I have failed to activate my own sibling).

I'm amazed at what's happening within my own family and their desire to vote for Barack Obama. I hope that the same thing is happening to families all across America.

0 comments: