Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A very valid question.

I should have posted this last week, but I forgot.

I wrote my senior thesis on the SCOTUS case, Bush v. Gore, 2000. Even though it was almost 5 years ago when I wrote it, I still get in heated arguments with people about how the Court NEVER should have even grated certiorari, let alone decided this case.

It's a serious travesty of justice when something like this happens and as Americans, we should be absolutely enraged. Our Founding Fathers added something in the Constitution called, Checks & Balances. This theory/thought/talking point/ideal was put into place so the people would trust their government. With it, we know that each branch of government has a legal way of keeping check on the other two branches.

The Constitution clearly states what needs to occur when the general election in the Presidential race is too close to call. It does. So why did SCOTUS decide? Good question.

And I hope it never happens again.

0 comments: